Want to make it big in Banking?
CBA is giving you a chance to make your name (and put it on our card as well)
Commercial Bank of Africa aims to be a respected and significant financial services business ¡n Eastern Africa.
Our efforts and resources are focused on Corporate & Institutional Treasury and the high-end market of Personal Banking.
As such, we seek to recruit customer-focused and performance-oriented individuals with strong leadership skills to fill the vacant positions listed below.
Senior Manager, Treasury
Reporting to the Head o Treasury, the Senior Manager Treasury will supervise and lead the
trading team in undertaking daily trading activities within the stipulated guidelines.
He/she will he responsible for ensuring that all related risks are managed adequately in all the
trading activities in order to achieve the set trading revenues.
He/she will be responsible for monitoring the team performance and ensuring that an appropriate training programme is in place for the team’s development.
He/she will be a team player and will be expected to take other supervisory roles when required to do so.
1. Growth in treasury trading business
This will include:
* FX Trading - Set and implement trading strategies for currency trading to ensure maximum profitability
* Local and Foreign Currency Bond Trading - Implement bond trading strategies (local and foreign currency denominated) to ensure maximum profitability in line with set targets
* Liquidity Management
* Oversee the set up of the ALM desk activities and guide ALCO on any balance sheet requirements
2. Risk management in both FX and Bond trading activities
3. Team leadership and mentoring
4. Responsible for continuous personal and team development to ensure high competence and
high performance levels.
Qualifications & Experience
* University graduate, preferably Bachelor of Commerce - Upper Second or CPA 3.0.
* Two years experience in general banking
* Five years experience in Treasury Operations, two of which must have been spent on the trading desk with the responsibility of leading a team of dealers
* Conversant with all trading platforms used in a dealing room.
Credit Documentation Officer
Reporting to the Credit Documentation Manager, the purpose of this role is to handle security
documentation for Corporate & Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) borrowing customers
including being a custodian of the securities held as collateral, and facilitating disbursement of
facilities where security documentation have been perfected and all approval terms and
* Drafting Letters of Offer and preparing other internal documents for Corporate & SME Banking Credit Facilities
* Receiving, checking and lodging of documents both on soft & hard copy registers
* Accurately maintaining the facility reference register as required
* Accurately maintaining the exception report by updating deferrals given and document received
* Preparing checklists to accompany offer letters for all pending deferrals and requirements of the subject offer letter
* Issuing instructions to legal department for preparation of external security documents
* Issuing of instructions to external service providers (Quantity Surveyors and Valuers)
* Timely and accurately preparing Facility Maintenance Memos to authorize release of facility
* Proper and timely release of securities temporarily or permanently upon repayment of all facilities secured
* Dual & safe custody of securities room & securities room keys. Ensure visits to the strong room are properly structured
* Responding to queries on Corporate and SME Banking Credit securities & documentation.
Qualification and Experience
* University degree from a recognized institution - Upper Second or GPA 3.0.
* At least 3 years working experience, 2 of which must be in the credit risk/credit department in a commercial bank.
* Working knowledge of the secured lending practice for financial institutions, particularly lending to the SME and Corporate clients
* Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the purpose of this role is to plan and carry out specific audit
exercises on bank operations as assigned in an efficient, economical and effective manner so as
to ensure that bank operations comply with the legal requirements and the agreed hank policies
* Participate and contribute in the risk assessment process for target audit areas and documentation of results as guided by the Audit Manager
* Prepare audit plan for specific audit assignments and implement in consultation with Audit Manager, to ensure completion within agreed schedule
* Develop, ¡n liaison with the Audit Manager appropriate audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable
* Draft, in concurrence with the Audit Manager, suitable management letters reporting on key control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements, among others, on those areas audited
* Complete audit assignments delegated by the Audit Manager according to the agreed plan
* Carry out the identified continuous monitoring reviews and report on the results at the agreed intervals
* Assist in follow up and disposal of cleared audit issues logged from previous audits.
Qualification and Experience
* University Graduate preferably in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration — Upper Second or GPA 3.0
* Two years experience in internal audit or training with a professional firm of practicing accountants for at least 2 years
* Qualified as CPA, ACCA or equivalent
* Banking professional qualifications an added advantage.
To apply, send your application letter and CV, quoting the job title via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly submit your application by 22nd February 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted