Location: London, UK
Duration: 6 months
Closing Date: 28 Jan 2011
The Temporary Research intern will assist the staff of the Economic Affairs Division in the coordination and implementation of work with a particular focus on: advancing the formation of a Commonwealth Regulatory Network for banking and insurance supervisors; operationalising the Commonwealth Ministerial Debt Sustainability website; and assisting in the preparation for Commonwealth input into the High Level Forum on aid effectiveness in Korea 2011.
Commonwealth Regulatory Network
* Researching areas of supervision which needs to be implemented in Small States and LDCs to enhance procedures and meet international best practices
* Liaising and collaborating with banking and insurance supervisory authorities to compile a database of comparative resources on legislation, policy guidelines, research and supervisory methodologies.
* Assist with the development of the Commonwealth’s Regulatory Network web-site.
* Assisting and providing support in the implementation and expansion of the Regulatory Network. This would involve research and editing, compilation and dissemination of questionnaires and responses, and organisation of discussion forums and compilation of reports as needed.
* Drafting letters and reports to high level officials.
* Providing as required back-up support on the other areas of programme work.
Commonwealth Ministerial Debt Sustainability Forum
* Develop plan to operationalise the website
* Further develop the structure of the website, continue its population and manage the website
* Research areas in Sovereign debt management and financing for development in order to identify content, discussion topics and manage website discussion
* Draft letters and liaise with high level officials
* Assist in the preparation of Commonwealth meetings in the run up to the high level forum in December 2011 on aid effectiveness. This would involve research and editing, compilation and dissemination of questionnaires and responses, and organisation of discussion forums and compilation of reports as needed.
* Draft letters and liaise with high level officials.
The post holder may also be required to perform any other duties appropriate to the position as may be required from time to time.