Job Title: System Support Officer
* To provide first line technical support, Answering and fixing support queries via phone, email and help desk system.
* Too maintain a high degree of staff support for all ICT related queries and adhere to all service management principles.
* To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
* To ensure al calls are logged onto the help[s desk system.
* Respond to enquiries from staff and help them resolve any hardware software problems.
* Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
* Support users in the use of computer equipment but providing necessary training and advice.
* To allocate more complex calls to the relevant IT support members.
* In liaison with other ICT staff, arrange for external technical support where problems can not be resolved in house.
* Perform endive day processes and ensure all necessary daily management reports are processes.
* Ensure system documentation is maintained and filling is properly managed.
* Perform any other duties as will be assigned by the Manager or Head of Operations.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or related field.
* Minimum of one year working experience.
* Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
* Highly ICT literate and experienced in managing systems development projects and well versed in specialist statistical, analytical packages.
* High level of attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Applicants should send job applications up to date curriculum vitae and copies of academic certificates through courier hand delivery to the address below by 20th January 2011. Your application would include tree referenced, none of whom should be your relative and all of whom would have supervised you, taught you or known you through your work.
THE HEAD OF HUMN RESOURCES
BANK OF AFRICA – UGANDA Ltd
Plot 45 Jinja Road
P O box 2759, Kampala